Navdurga | 9 forms of Goddess Durga
Navratri 2020 which is starting from 17th of October, where it’s celebrated for 9 days by worshipping 9 forms of Maa Durga.
Nine forms of Maa Durga ( 9 Devi ) -
- Devi Shailaputri - Devi Shailaputri is the first manifestation of Goddess Durga. She has a crescent half-moon on her forehead that symbolises the belief that she can govern the moon. Devi Shailaputri is known as the daughter of the mountain as in Sanskrit ‘Shail’ means mountain. She is the wife of Lord Shiva and also called Parvati.
- Devi Brahmacharini -Devi Brahmacharini is worshipped on the second day of Navrathri. This Shakti of Goddess Durga signifies love, loyalty, wisdom and knowledge. The word ‘Brahm’ means Tapa and this form of Devi performs Tapa where she carries rudraksha on one hand and sacred kamandalu on another hand.
- Devi Chandraghanta - This is the third form of Goddess Durga and worshipped on the third day of Navrathri. People offer kheer as a bhog and it’s believed that this form of Goddess gives us the courage to fight against inner demons. She rides on a tiger to destroy all evil and negative powers.
- Devi Kushmanda - Devi Kushmanda is worshipped on the 4th day of Navratri where she represent warmth and energy. It’s believe that many devotees offer Malpua to devi Kushmanda it’s believe that after offering Malpua bhog Devi Kushmanda will bless them regarding to growth of their intellect abilities.
- Devi Skandamata - 5th day of Navratri represents the worship of Devi Skandamata. This day is also known as Panchami. According to mythology when Goddess Parvati become the mother of lord Kartikeya, she came to br known as Skandamata. It’s believe that Banana is offered to this form of Goddedd Durga as banana is the favourite food of Devi Skandamata.
- Devi Katyayani - 6th day of Navratri is dedicated to Devi Katyayani. She is known for her anger and violation. She rides a lion and depicted with four hands and carry a sword. It’s believed that if a women is having any issues regarding a marriage life or fixing a marriage can worship Devi Katyayani to obtain a happy marriage life.
- Devi Kaalratri - Devi Kaalratri is the 7th form of Goddess Durga and worshipped on 7th day of Navratri. This avatar is depicted as a destructive form of Goddess Durga and she carries a sword and a iron hook to protect us from demons. Many people say that Devi Kaalratri sacrificed her skin color and get into a dark complextion to kill the demons.
- Devi Mahagauri - Mahagauri is worship on the 8th day of Navratri. Many devotees offer coconut as a bhog to her and she has a power to fulfill the desire of the devotees. She is known for her beauty and complextion.
- Devi Siddhidharti - The final day of Navratri is deidcated to Devi Sidhidharti. She is depicted with four hands carrying a Chakra, Lotus, Shanka and Gada. Devi Sidhidhart represents perfection and supernatural powers.
HAPPY NAVRATHRI 2020!