Foods that are offered to Lord Ganesha | Ganesh Chaturhti 2020
Foods are very important if we are talking about Ganesh Chaturthi, we offered different sweets and Ladoos and many more dishes as a Bhog. As we all know that sweets and Ladoos are Lord Ganesha’s favourite, especially Modak.
Top 7 foods that are offered to Lord Ganesha during Ganesh Chaturthi -
- Modak - We all know Modak are favourite of Lord Ganesha and he is also known as Modakpriya. In 10 days of Ganesh Chaturthi Modak was offered as a Bhog on first day. In Ganesh Chaturthi varieties of Modak are made by devotees and offered to Lord Ganesh. For making the Modak, the basic ingredients you required are rice/wheat flour, oil/ghee, fresh grated coconut, grated jaggery, cardamom powder, etc
- Motichur Ladoo - It is one of the most common Ladoos offered in Puja. In Ganesh Chaturthi apart from Motichur Ladoo varieties of Ladoos are made such as Coconut Ladoo, Atta Ladoo, etc.
- Puran Poli - Puran Poli is a very famous dish in South India. But on the Occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi Puran Poli is also offered as a Bhog to Lord Ganesha. The basic ingredients required to make this is Jaggery, Chana Dal, Ghee, Nutmeg powder, flour, etc.
- Medu Vada - It is another famous dish of South India that are offered as Bhog. Medu Vada is also offered to Lord Ganesha during Ganesh Chaturthi and after that, it’s distributed among the family member.
- Panchamrut - Panchamrut is considered another favourite food of Lord Ganesha. It’s made up of 5 easy ingredients, Milk, Sugar, Honey, Yogurt, Ghee.
- Varan Bhaat - Varan Bhaat is a famous dish of Maharashtra. It’s the main dish that is always prepared for Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Coconut rice - This is another well known South Indian dish that is made by soaking white rice in coconut milk or Cook it with coconut. This dish is also prepared in Ganesh Chaturthi.
Rose Bazaar wishes you a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi 2020, May Lord Ganesha bless with lots of love.